We have the following job opportunity
Job: Python developer (open)
As a Python developer you will join the small flexible and creative tech team which consist of internal and external developers who are working in an agile way to maintain the current systems, but more important: building new features into the open data platforms to ensure they are on top of the latest standards.
You are an expert in backend development with Python and you are on top of new technologies and future possibilities within backend engineering. So, your ideas about the technical roadmap are essential.
To make your job more exiting we would like to stimulate job satisfaction. Because of the Agile engineering culture it is possible to work on other products / projects as well. You will work on projects that fits your wishes / skills best.
Zimmerman & Zimmerman is a leading data visualisation company developing open data visualisation tools for the international transparency and accountability sector, for clients such as The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS), the UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), Oxfam Novib, Leiden University, The Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), UNESCO and UN-Habitat. Together we’ve created Aid Transparency IATI web portals, impact dashboards and many more outstanding data-visualisation tools and products like IATI Studio and OIPA.
What we offer
- From day one, a competitive salary and good benefits;
- Salary depending on experience & skills;
- Development and career opportunities within the organisation;
- Hackathons and Techdrinks;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Education expenses;
- 25 holidays;
- Contract: for 12/24 months;
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop software in Python, Django or other selected languages;
- Experience with React.js;
- Ability to work with our data API’s built in DRF;
- IATI background – preferred but not required;
- D3.JS experience & related data visualisation technologies;
- Experience in working with JSON, XML files;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Ability to document requirements and specifications;
- Execute full lifecycle software development;
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
You will work in our Amsterdam office, we do welcome experts from outside of the Netherlands, but please be advised you need a valid working permit for the EU and we can’t support you with any relocation efforts.
Please tell us why you would be a good fit for Zimmerman & Zimmerman by sending us a motivation letter and your résumé to Tristan Vaessen: email@example.com if you have any questions regarding this job opportunity feel free to give us a call at +31 (0) 20 331 8668 during office hours.
*Note to recruiters: do not contact us. Thank you.